The Wheel of Luck: Roulette Betting Options
Like Sic Bo and craps, roulette is a fast-paced game. The dealer throws the white ball onto the rotating wheel, and each player places their bets by positioning their chips on the corresponding numbered betting boxes.
Since the game’s principal features are hinged upon the laws of independent trials, there is absolutely no other way to predict the outcome nor the subsequent rounds. Its ultimate randomness keeps it from becoming monotonous — precisely the reason why it is so exciting.
When you are caught off guard, and the dealer has announced ‘no more bets’, yours would most likely not be accepted. The good thing about roulette is that it has more than 20 types of betting options. Have a short break, take the time to learn the game’s various bets on this page, and start earning real money at premium online casinos like Luckyslots.
There are three major betting types in this game: inside, outside, and call bets. The first two are accepted worldwide, whereas the latter is limited to a few jurisdictions.
These bets are directly placed on one, more, or entire sections of numbers.
- Straight Up or Single bet: You bet one or more separate numbers. If one of them hits, you win a return of 35 to 1. It is the highest return in roulette.
- Split bet: You bet on two numbers adjacent to the layout (vertical or horizontal). For instance, your chip/s must be in between 20 and 23, 7 and 8, and so on. The return is 17 to 1.
- Street bet: With a rate of 11 to 1, you bet on three successive numbers in a horizontal line. The chip must be on the outer edge of the number.
- Corner or Square bet: You bet on four adjacent numbers that meet in one corner of the layout, thus covering a square pattern. An example is 10-11-13-14. Its return is 8 to 1.
- Six line or Double street bet: This is like the street bet, but you double your choices, thus having a rate of 5 to 1. You bet on six successive numbers, forming two parallel lines. An example is 13-14-15-16-17-18.
These bets are for the properties or propositions of the numbers (i.e. high-low, odd-even, red-black, etc.). While they have smaller payouts than inside bets, they instead have better odds at winning.
- High-Low bet: You bet on a number within your chosen range: low (1 to 18) or high (19 to 36).
- Red or black bet: You bet on a number based on your chosen colour: red or black.
- Even or odd bet: You bet on a number based on your chosen parity: even or odd.
- Dozen bet: You bet on a number based on your chosen type of dozen, which are:
First dozen: 1 to 12
Second dozen: 13 to 24,
Third dozen: 25 to 36
- Column bet: You bet on a number based on your chosen vertical column of 12 numbers.
Do note that the first three outside bets pay out even money, while the last two have a return rate of 2 to 1. For better results with outside bets, don’t forget to use the generous bonuses offered by leading online casinos like Luckyslots.